Home Forums Travel Stories + Publish Stories

Derawar Fort, famous for its location, size and built

Derawar Fort
A historic Jewel of Pakistan that needs urgent attention of authorities, for its restoration and it could bring millions of national as well as international tourists. This will open gates for famous archaeologists to excavate hundred of archaeological sites covered with the sheets sand.

The Fort is known for huge size and is located in Bahawalpur, Punjab, Pakistan. The bastions of Derawar, numbered forty, are visible from many miles in Cholistan Desert. The walls standing with thirty meters height covers the circumference of 1500 meters.

The fort was built by the order of a Hindu Rajput, Bhati of Jaisalmer. The Nawabs of Bahawalpur captured this fort in 1733.

5 Likes

No wonder this is the most beautiful fort I have ever seen. And it is really important to restore it as soon as possible.

I really enjoyed visiting this site. Pakistan has many wonderful places to visit. I think now this fort is still owned by Nawab of Bahawalpur along with other palaces and historic sites.

Masha’Allah our Pakistan have got a lot more forts and archaeological sites. Just need to promote them so the world can realize the potential of our tourism industry.

I have a staunch believe that there is more of these sites just waiting to be discovered and promoted for its importance, location and history. This part of province is more archaeological site. A lot more to discover and open to the world.

No wonder this is the most beautiful fort in Pakistan and the amazing thing is that the number of tourists is increasing annually. Last time i visited this place, i met an old person of age around 80, told me folk stories related to this station. I would definitely suggest this place for a visit.